I am so grateful to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Combat Babe and I accept it graciously!
Maybe I am one of the rare few who cannot muster any sarcasm toward being nominated for a chain-email-esque award, but…it feels good to be awarded something and I need all the good feelings I can get!
When you’re nominated you are supposed to answer 11 questions that your nominator chose for you, then you are to nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers), and you are to give them 11 questions to answer as well. The cycle continues.
So without further ado, the questions answered:
1. What was your most embarrassing moment as a child?
- But really there were so many! If I must choose only one I will say the time I was in 7th grade and our school principal was telling my P.E. (gym) class that our teacher wouldn’t be in that day. I loathed my P.E. teacher and said, louder than I’d meant to, “Yes!” What I hadn’t heard from the back of the gymnasium was that my P.E. teacher wouldn’t be in that day because her mother had passed away. Oops. I was considered heartless for a little while.
2. When your bubble’s invaded by an intruder (read: a stranger), how do you react?
- Depends on the intruder. My daughters? I steal a hug or a kiss. A man? These days I get a little nervous and avoid eye contact. A woman? I smile at her while sizing her up…it’s a habit.
3. If you were a musician, what genre of music would you want to be known for?
- Classic rock (had that been my era), but these days it’d be indie rock or alternative rock.
4. Would you tell the Goblin King he had no* power over you or would you agree to let him be your slave? (If you haven’t watched The Labyrinth, you should. You may understand the question a little better.)
- “I can never remember that line.”
5. Which century would you have liked to live in* and why?
- If I could be born in a different century, but still be the same person? Well then I’d have to choose this one unfortunately. No time-hopping for me. This happens to be the best era for being African-American. For being anybody really; the world is so mellow right now compared to how things used to be.
6. Vampires or Werewolves? Elaborate. (Elaborate — to explain why you’d choose one over the other. It doesn’t matter if they’re real or not using that as an excuse to not answer lacks wit and creativity. You disappoint.)
- Vampires are incredibly sexy. Kiefer Sutherland in The Lost Boys – is that elaboration enough? I wouldn’t mind being bitten by him 😉
7. If you weren’t/aren’t a parent and there ever is some Apocalypse, would you want to survive it? (Replace apocalypse with epic war, it makes sense. Therefore apocalypse makes sense whether I say ‘some kind’. This may not be true in Writing 101, but again this is my Blog, my rules.)
- I am a parent, but I’m answering this one anyway. HELL YES I’d want to survive it (granted I still had full function of my brain and extremities and my children all lived through it with me). Why not? I’d have nothing better to do.
8. What is Meatloaf not willing to do for love?
9. What does your dream life look like?
- I’m standing on a balcony, wearing all white. My outfit flows with the wind. I’m looking out at the ocean. I am happy. I have some drink in my hand and it’s afternoon. I am alone, but not lonely. I am confident, and fulfilled.
10. Out of everything that makes you you, what do you think does it the most?
- My honesty.
11. You have to make up 11 questions for 11 different people, is that hard for you?
- On three hours of sleep everything is a little difficult. I’ll try to make the most of it though!
Now, for my 11 nominations (So sorry if you already have over 200 followers; I have no clue how to check your stats):
11. A New Free Life
11 questions to be answered by award recipients (those I’ve nominated):
1. If you’re a parent, what has been your favorite part of the journey? If you’re not yet a parent, what do you think you’ll enjoy the most?
2. Boxers of briefs? (Women, what do you prefer to see men wearing? Or…taking off?)
3. What was the best thing about being a child?
4. Would you consider yourself to be religious? Spiritual? Elaborate.
5. If you hit a parked car do you A) Look around, see no one in the vicinity, then speed away? B) Get out, check for damages, then leave a note? C) Call the police regardless of witnesses or noticeable damage?
6. Blind Faith or Derek and the Dominos?
7. Are you sick of this yet?
8. What is something you used to do/watch that you’d be embarrassed to admit you used to enjoy?
9. What’s your sign? Do you exhibit the characteristics of your sign? (No fair saying that you don’t know your sign’s characteristics, look them up and then answer).
10. Back when you did drugs (don’t lie, you’ve tried them) which was your favorite? Okay, okay…for those of you too shy to admit it, what is your favorite alcoholic beverage?
11. What is more important, your safety or your liberty?
That was fun 🙂 Thank you again Combat Babe! Congratulations to everyone who has been awarded the Liebster!