still a mystery!
This would have been my first time finding out early. I figured, hell, it’s my third baby. I was patient with the first two, and with everything else that’s going on I can at least give myself time to prepare for what I’m getting myself into. People say it doesn’t matter. Yes, as long as it’s a healthy baby I will be happy, but there is a lot to say about what each sex will mean/bring to our household.
I’m hoping for a boy because:
- I’m 99.99% sure that this is my last baby, and I want a boy at some point. I’ve always wanted a boy, and it would be depressing to never be a mother to one.
- I spent a good deal of money on clearance boy clothing at the outlet stores on my birthday, and now that I don’t know baby’s sex I cannot return anything.
- It would change the dynamic between the siblings.
- I hear they don’t whine nearly as much as little girls. Or act as dramatic. Or look you in the eye and tell you lies. I can handle rambunctious, but catty and cruel *shudders*
- My husband has never had a boy, and I would like to be the woman to bear his first male child (I know…this sounds twisted with everything going on between us. Maybe it’s that patriarchal brainwashing I’m still overcoming, but I feel that it’s my duty to bear him a male child…though it’s not like it’s up to my body to decide anyway).
- When my boy has grown up I will know that there is at least one good man out there in the world.
Having another girl is sure to be wonderful too:
- I already know what I’m doing when it comes to raising girls.
- I wouldn’t have to go clothes shopping for a very long time.
- Both Amara and Terra keep saying that they’d prefer a baby sister.
- I wouldn’t have the guilt of raising a male child without his father around (though there’s guilt with female children too).
In the end though, I didn’t find out today, and now I will wait until my delivery to find out the sex of my third baby. Long as the baby is healthy, by that point, I surely will not mind.